BOARD MEMBER DUTIES
- Attending monthly meetings, typically held in the evening on the third Wednesday of the month.
- Directing the affairs of the credit union in accordance with the Act, the bylaws, the rules and regulations and sound business practices.
- Establishing programs to achieve the purpose of this credit union as stated in Article 1, section 2, of the bylaws.
- Establishing a loan collection program and authorizing the chargeoff of uncollectible loans.
- Determining that all persons appointed or elected by this credit union to any position requiring the receipt, payment or custody of money or other property of this credit union, or in its custody or control as collateral or otherwise, are properly bonded in accordance with the Act and regulations.
- Performing additional acts and exercising additional powers as may be required or authorized by applicable law.
- Reviewing denied loan applications of members who file written requests for such review.
- Appointing one or more loan officers and delegating to those officers the power to approve or disapprove loans, lines of credit or advances from lines of credit.
- In its discretion, appoint a loan review committee to review loan denials and delegating to the committee the power to overturn denials of loan applications.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be a member in good standing of Western Vista Federal Credit Union. He/she must not have caused a financial loss to the credit union and/or is not in denial of services. A member is defined as the primary owner of a savings account.
- Candidate must complete a satisfactory credit check and must not have been convicted of a felony or crime involving dishonest or breach of trust, nor have been determined to be guilty of a fraudulent act by a legally constituted body.
- Candidate must authorize Western Vista Credit Union to validate his/her membership status and perform whatever credit verifications and background verifications it may deem necessary. Candidate must agree to fully cooperate with the nominating committee and/or the staff with respect to verifications.
- Candidate may not have been an employee of Western Vista Federal Credit Union within six months of the date the application is received.
- Candidate is prohibited from engaging in any act which is, could be or could appear to be in conflict with their status as a volunteer. This includes one’s position with the credit union for personal profit or advantage.
- If slated, the candidate will attend the annual meeting from 5:30-6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, March 17, 2021.
- If slated, the candidate will need to provide an electronic head shot for the election ballot. If one is not available, the candidate will make arrangements with Western Vista Credit Union to have one taken.
- If elected, board members are expected to attend monthly meetings, complete eight (8) hours of continuing education annually and attend occasional subcommittee meetings. The term of office is three (3) years.
- If elected, the candidate will attend the board meeting immediately following the annual meeting on Wednesday, March 17, 2021 at 6:30 p.m.
In 2021, there are three (3) director-at-large positions up for election, each with A three-year term.
If you would like to be considered for a position, please complete and submit an application. Applications are due no later than December 11, 2020. Election results will be announced at the annual meeting, to be held on March 17, 2021 at Western Vista Federal Credit Union, 3207 Sparks Road, Cheyenne, Wy. If there is only one nominee for each position to be filled, the election will not be conducted by ballot and there will be no nominations from the floor.Board of Directors Application
If you have questions, please contact Crystal Mancera Meisner at (307) 778-6300 or firstname.lastname@example.org.