call for nominations
Western Vista Federal Credit Union is seeking nominations for two (2) open positions on the credit union’s board of directors. The board of directors ensures the long-term success of the credit union by helping it plan for the future and move toward established goals. Serving as a volunteer on your credit union board of directors is a great way to participate in the democracy that makes us different and unique from other financial institutions.
BOARD MEMBER DUTIES
The board has the general direction and control of the affairs of this credit union and is responsible for performing all the duties customarily performed by boards of directors. This includes but is not limited to the following:
• Attending monthly meetings, typically held in the evening on the third Wednesday of the month.
• Directing the affairs of the credit union in accordance with the Act, the bylaws, the rules and regulations and sound business practices.
• Establishing programs to achieve the purposes of this credit union as stated in Article 1, section 2, of the bylaws.
• Establishing a loan collection program and authorizing the chargeoff of uncollectible loans.
• Determining that all persons appointed or elected by this credit union to any position requiring the receipt, payment or custody of money or other property of this credit union, or in its custody or control as collateral or otherwise, are properly bonded in accordance with the Act and regulations.
• Performing additional acts and exercising additional powers as may be required or authorized by applicable law.
• Reviewing denied loan applications of members who file written requests for such review.
• Appointing one or more loan officers and delegating to those officers the power to approve or disapprove loans, lines of credit or advances from lines of credit.
• In its discretion, appointing a loan review committee to review loan denials and delegating to the committee the power to overturn denials of loan applications.
In 2020, there are two (2) director-at-large positions up for election, each with a three-year term. If you would like to be considered for a position, please contact Crystal Mancera Meisner at (307) 778-6300 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are due no later than December 20, 2019.
Election results will be announced at the annual meeting, to be held on March 25, 2020 at Western Vista Federal Credit Union, 3207 Sparks Road, Cheyenne, WY.
If there is only one nominee for each position to be filled, the election will not be conducted by ballot and there will be no nominations from the floor.Board of Directors Application