To apply, fill out the form below. As a supplement to the application, you may also e-mail your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail/deliver it to:
Western Vista Credit Union
3207 Sparks Road
Cheyenne, WY 82001
Western Vista offers an excellent benefit package along with the excitement that comes from working in a fast-paced, member-driven credit union.
Financial Operations Director – Cheyenne
The financial operations director supports our core purpose of helping people enhance their quality of life and lives our brand promise of always doing the right thing. He/she creates and sustains a philosophy and culture of customer advocacy.
- Directs and monitors daily activities of the accounting and operations departments
- Prepares financial reports, operating budget and teller activity reports
- Ensures complete, accurate and timely record keeping
- Prepares or oversees preparation of all financial, statistical and operational records of the credit union
- Hires, reviews, schedules, trains, and monitors the work of direct reports; conducts performance reviews, allocates resources to meet operational needs within the accounting and operations departments
- Assists in the formulation and execution of credit union policies and programs
- Monitors each department’s activities to ensure they are in compliance with regulations and established credit union policies and procedures
Knowledge and skills:
- Five to ten years of similar or related experience preferred, but not required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance preferred, but not required
- General understanding of regulations affecting credit union deposit programs, including Regulations B, D, E, Z, CC and DD
- Experience in documenting business processes and building collaborative efforts towards process optimization
- Ability to interact with associates at all level of the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Mortgage Loan Originator – Casper & Cheyenne
Since 1940 Western Vista has offered an ever-growing set of financial services, including a complete suite of mortgage loan products to respond to almost every home-owner and aspiring home-owner’s needs. You’ll have the backing of a strong financial institution seeking to grow and support its commitment to the Cheyenne and Casper mortgage markets.
With 10,000-plus members, you’ll have access to a strong pool of qualified prospects, while working with a team always on the look-out for loans to support yours and our members goals.
You’ll be a great fit for Western Vista if you:
- Enjoy starting and developing relationships
- Value recognizing customer needs and executing through closing
- Provide exceptional service to members and co-workers alike
- Love to network in the community
- Are a self-starter
- Have a team player attitude
- Offer strong in-person and writing skills
Accounting Specialist – Cheyenne
We are looking for an organized, detail-oriented accounting specialist to analyze information, maintain complete and accurate records, assist with routine accounting duties, and provide prompt, courteous responses to inquiries or complaints from clients, vendors, and lenders. You should also be a skilled researcher and possess strong communication and computer skills.
To succeed, you should be committed to providing efficient, reliable support to accounting department members, other departments and external parties. You should be trustworthy, thorough and courteous, with excellent time management skills.
- Reconciling bank accounts
- Posting to and balancing general or subsidiary ledgers
- Processing payments and compiling segments of monthly closings, monthly and annual reports, etc.
- Processing ACH returns, share draft returns, and wiring with accuracy and efficiency
- Verifying accuracy, completeness and consistency of accounting information received
- Prepares and processes credit union payroll and benefits
- Records disbursements, expenses and other payments
- Contacts other departments within the credit union and/or outside agencies to resolve common problems
- Performs other duties as assigned
Member Service Representative (Part Time) – Cheyenne
We are searching for an organized, attentive member service representative to provide exceptional service to our members by handling routine tasks, such as processing payments, accepting deposits, and handling withdrawals. The representative will respond to member requests and inquiries, make recommendations about products and services, maintain and balance cash supplies, and keep track of records and financial information.
You should have a professional appearance and a member-focused attitude. You should be courteous, efficient, helpful and accurate. Outstanding customer service is a MUST.
- Assisting members with processing transactions, such as deposits, withdrawals, or payments, resolving complaints or account discrepancies and answering questions
- Tracking, recording, reporting, and storing information related to transactions, supplies and customers, ensuring all information is accurate and complete
- Maintaining and balancing cash drawers and reconciling discrepancies
- Packaging cash and rolling coins to be stored in drawers or the vault
- Handling currency, transactions and confidential information in a responsible manner
- Using software to track bank information and generate reports
- Following all credit union financial and security regulations and procedures