To apply, fill out the form below. As a supplement to the application, you may also e-mail your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail/deliver it to:
Western Vista Credit Union
3207 Sparks Road
Cheyenne, WY 82001
Western Vista offers an excellent benefit package (to include health and vision insurance, 401k, paid sick and PTO) along with the excitement that comes from working in a fast-paced, member-driven credit union.
Do you have a passion for your community? Are you driven and motivated? Do you get excited about great opportunities for growth while developing your team? If so, Western Vista Credit Union is interested in speaking with you!
Our team is our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our workforce are directly linked to our success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and place value in our diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable laws.
MORTGAGE SERVICES DIRECTOR – CHEYENNE, WY OR CASPER, WY
Western Vista is seeking an upbeat, dynamic, and detailed oriented person to join our management team as the Mortgage Services Director.
Reporting to the SVP of Financial Services, the Mortgage Services Director will be responsible for developing, executing, and monitoring all aspects of our mortgage lending strategy. The successful candidate will demonstrate skills in all aspects of mortgage lending including production, operations, servicing, secondary marketing, lending systems, quality control, in addition to identifying innovative solutions that maximizes and streamlines the mortgage experience end to end. They will display leadership traits to coach, manage, motivate and recruit high caliber talent to join the Western Vista family.
They will drive growth and operational excellence in all facets of the loan life cycle by leading multiple teams both directly and indirectly across the organization. This position is responsible for managing and developing a robust suite of mortgage lending products while also optimizing the member experience in all delivery channels. This position assumes responsibility for the profitability, performance, efficiency and overall success of the mortgage loan portfolio.
The Mortgage Services Director establishes processes, procedures, and policies that adhere to State and Federal regulatory requirements while enabling member-facing employees to develop long-term multi-faceted relationships, serve as trusted advisors that assist members in achieving financial peace of mind, and increase member loyalty by creating experiences that turn members into lifelong ambassadors of the credit union.
The selected candidate will provide exceptional service to members, coworkers and business partners, always represent the credit union in a professional manner, have a solid understanding of credit union products and services and be aligned with the organizational mission, vision and core values. Furthermore, they will have a forward-thinking and tactical mindset, track record of success, excellent communication skills and a passion for the industry.
Qualifications and Skills
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience. Five years of mortgage lending management experience to include experience with state and federal lending regulations, responsibility for lending systems, and oversight of loan origination, underwriting, processing, and closing/post-closing
Three years of experience running a servicing operation with loans sold service retained on the secondary market and loans held in the credit union loan portfolio.
A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary.
cOllections Specialist – CHEYENNE, WY
Reporting to the collection’s manager, a successful specialist balances their focus on business results while offering options and finding solutions to help our members. A collections specialist will also able to:
- Collect on past due accounts
- Be comfortable communicating with members in a metrics-driven environment
- Navigate multiple technologies while staying engaged with our members
- Possess excellent negotiation and decision-making skills, in addition to strong communication skills
- Possess strong member focus with the ability to have detailed conversations with our members
- Treat members with respect and respond with empathy
- Demonstrate sensitivity and compassion in difficult situations
- Demonstrate personal excellence including punctuality, integrity, and accountability
- Work independently and in a team environment
- Be comfortable contacting delinquent accounts by phone, mail and/or email
- Take appropriate actions to bring accounts current
- Analyze financial situations of delinquent borrowers and make recommendation to repossess collateral or proceed with judgement liens.
- Maintains detailed and accurate files and reports on all collection’s activity
- Be comfortable performing all related duties regarding bankrupt members, including testifying at a legal proceeding.
- Think critically and exercise independent judgement
Qualifications and Skills
- (1) A two-year college degree, or (2) completion of a specialized certification or licensing, or (3) completion of specialized training courses conducted by vendors, or (4) job-specific skills acquired through an apprenticeship program.
- Must be willing to work in an environment that requires 100% phone-based customer interaction
- Minimum of one year of customer interaction or customer support experience strongly preferred, either by phone or face-to-face
- Proficiency with basic computer functions, including mouse and keyboard usage, launching applications, conducting searches on the Internet, and maneuvering in a Windows-based environment, strongly preferred
- Three to five years of collections experience preferred
Job Type: full-time